A lot of us are often on the lookout for innovative ideas to spruce up the look of our interiors. If you find yourself too in a similar situation, then consider adding a home bar to your space. It’s a great way to entertain your family and friends and in the long run, it will also help you save your mullah because it saves you from the expensive trips to the lounge bars outside. If you are excited to explore this avenue for your interiors but don’t know how to start, then here we are to lend you a helping hand by providing some useful tips.
- Designate a space: First thing that you should ask yourself is, where do you want to set up the home bar? A piece of advice here, designate a space that’s not too far from where plan to entertain the guests so that you don’t need to really walk away from your guests too long to make a drink. The ideal place would be the dining area which is closer to the living room and the kitchen.
- Bar cabinet design: Now that the place has been finalized, based on the dimensions of the area you need to scout for a bar cabinet. To help you here, consider the practical functionality of a bar cabinet, which is that it should have enough space to hold various shapes of bottles of spirits, glasses, mixers, and other types of equipment. Going for a mix of open shelving and cabinetry is a good idea, this way you can display the bottles and glasses that you want, and store the remaining in the closed cabin.
- Getting Suitable bar accessories: If you want your home bar to be no less than a bar at a famous lounge, then consider getting some cool bar accessories like service mats, a unique bottle opener, a corkscrew, an ice bucket, shot glasses, wine glasses, funky ice cube molds to name a few.
- Get a few bar stools: To give your bar space a retro club vibe, place a few bar stool chairs. Bar stools these days come in various designs, heights, and materials. It’s a very sort after piece of furniture because of its multipurpose virtue. During the day it serves as a nice additional seating to enjoy your coffee on the kitchen counter, and at night you and your buddies can enjoy the drinks while listening to some party music.
- Pick proper spirits: Last but not the least, when filling your home bar, invest in the best spirits you can afford because a good spirit is what you need to make a fantastic drink for your guests. Get a list of essential drinks, and stock up on at least a bottle of each to offer more variations to your friends and guests.
Having a bar cart is also a good option for those people who have space restrictions and can’t accommodate a full-fledged home bar. These bar carts have a nice compact serving tray mounted on a sleek console table that can hold a couple of bottles and glasses.