You’ve probably heard the world cloud a lot during your business activities and you know it has something to do with the Internet; cloud-based data storage offers the business many benefits. Medium and large businesses have already made the switch to cloud networks, which are secured and managed by a 3rd party provider. Cloud data storage is a natural step towards global connectivity.
Here are some of the reasons business owners migrate to the cloud.
- Cyber-security –All those connected to the web are at risk of cyber-attack; from a private user to the huge corporation, we all need effective cyber-security and with your local cloud services provider in Portland, you have many IT services under one umbrella. Perhaps you already have a cloud network and would like to find out how good it really is! Penetration testing by ethical hackers will quickly reveal any weaknesses, which is the only way to know that your cyber-security is top notch.
- Global access – You could be anywhere in the world and you need to access customer data; you can do that via your digital device and have the data you need in a few seconds. All you need is a stable Internet connection, a digital device and you’re good to go. Real-time video using Zoom gives you total connectivity; you can call any number, mobile or landline if you use your secure cloud network and what’s more, VoIP calls are very affordable.
- Data access control – As the business owner, you set up permission hierarchies that allow specific employees to access only the data they need. If your sales team is always in the field, they can access customer data from any location and can even update in real-time; this is ideal for support teams that are always on the road, keeping everyone on the same page. You can arrange video meetings with key personnel, plus you can enjoy video calls with VIP customers.
- Automatic back-up – If you have ever lost data, you won’t repeat the mistake; if you have yet to experience this, using the cloud means you will never know how it feels to lose data. A team of dedicated IT professionals have your back and your network is secure and back-up happens every few minutes. If employee performance is important to you, click here.
- Hardware support – This is a flat-fee service that covers all your IT hardware; either remotely or onsite, you will have issues resolved, allowing your business to continue unaffected. We all know how unpredictable computers can be and having IT support ensures your office activities can carry on regardless.
If you would like to know more about migrating to the cloud, talk to a Portland managed IT services provider and let them show you what they can do for your business. Never underestimate the cunning of today’s hacker and if you want to protect your data, there are IT professionals that can help you.